Treating the Swine Flu Homeopathically
- Homeopathy has a history of treating flu pandemics
- Avoiding the swine flu vaccine
- Swine flu vaccine side effects
- How does homeopathy work?
- Symptoms of the swine flu
- Homeopathic swine flu protection
- Where to find homeopathic remedies
- Swine flu emergency warning signs
- Common sense precautions
This article was written in response to the swine flu outbreak of 2011.
Homeopathy Has A History of Treating Flu Pandemics
Homeopathy has been an established important system of medicine proving its superiority over conventional medicines during fast spreading local and global infectious diseases or pandemics.
The famous historian Julian Winston writes that perhaps the most recent use of homeopathy in a major epidemic was during The Great Flu Pandemic of 1918 -1919.
The Great Flu Pandemic known also as “Spanish Flu” killed from 50 to 100 million people. About 500 million people, one third of the world’s population at that time, became infected. The Great Flu Pandemic of 1918-19 killed more people than any other outbreak of disease in history. It often killed those in the prime of their life; killing with extraordinary swiftness and often causing great trauma to the lungs.
In 1921, the Journal of the American Institute for Homeopathy had a detailed article about the use of homeopathy in the flu epidemic. Dr. T. A. McCann reported:
- 24,000 cases of flu treated allopathically had a mortality rate of 28.2%
- 26,000 cases of flu treated homeopathically had a mortality rate of 1.05%.
NOTE: This last figure was supported by W A Pearson of Philadelphia who collected 26,795 cases of flu treated with homeopathy with the above result. – Dr Asghar Ali Shah
Avoiding the Swine Flu Vaccine
Conventional Medicine has very little to offer in the way of an effective treatment for the Swine Flu. There are many concerns and controversy as to the safety, as well as efficacy, of the H12N1 vaccine that is being rushed to market as we speak.
See related articles regarding the safety of the H1N1/Swine Flu vaccine:
- Swine Flu Vaccine Safety Questioned (Autism Blog)
- Mercury Limits Suspended for Swine Flue Vaccine (Health Freedom Alliance)
- Federal Panel issues H1N1 Vaccine Guidelines (CNN)
- 9 Reasons to NOT Let Your Child Get the Swine Flu Vaccine (Mercola)
Antibiotics, although important in the case of a bacterial or secondary bacterial infection, have no-effect on a virus.
Antiviral medications may help shorten the duration and/or lessen the severity of symptoms, but do come with a price.
Antiviral Medication Side Effects
Summary of the Side Effects Antiviral Drugs
According to the Center for Disease Control
Amantadine and Rimantadine
Among some healthy adults and children, side effects can include central nervous system (CNS) side effects such as nervousness, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and lightheadedness, and gastrointestinal side effects like nausea and loss of appetite. CNS side effects happen more often among persons taking amantadine than among persons taking rimantadine. Among some other persons with long-term illnesses, more serious side effects, such as delirium, hallucinations, agitation, and seizures, can occur. Side effects usually diminish and disappear after 1 week.
This drug is inhaled and can cause side effects, especially in those with asthma or other chronic lung disease. Decreased respiratory function and bronchospasm have been reported with use of zanamivir. Zanamivir is generally not recommended for use in persons with underlying lung disease such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Other side effects reported by less than 5% of those who have used this drug are diarrhea, nausea, sinusitis, nasal infections, bronchitis, cough, headache, and dizziness.
The side effects reported most often in those people who took this drug were gastrointestinal (i.e., nausea and vomiting). Nausea and vomiting may be less severe if oseltamivir is taken with food.
- Homeopathic remedies have no side effects!
- Homeopathic remedies are a SAFE and EFFECTIVE form of medicine!
- Homeopathic remedies may be the ONLY alternative treatment!
This is critically important information to have in the case of a pandemic such as the H1N1 or Swine Flu.
How Does Homeopathy Work?
Conventional medicine seeks to eliminate or eradicate certain symptoms by suppressing them. Homeopathy, on the other hand stimulates the body’s own defense mechanism against that set of symptoms; therefore strengthening the immune system, with immunity always being the key against contracting invading organisms to which we are all exposed to all the time.
The core principle in homeopathy is the Law of Similars—that like cures like.
Basically, it states that a medicinal substance that can create a set of symptoms in a healthy individual can treat a sick individual who is manifesting similar symptoms.
In an epidemic/pandemic situation, the symptoms common to the particular strain of influenza virus are matched to a particular homeopathic remedy that is known to alleviate that particular set of symptoms.
The particular homeopathic remedy, known to match the particular set of symptoms of an epidemic/pandemic, is known as the Genus Epidemicus.
Symptoms of the Swine Flu
- body aches
- sore throat
- runny or stuffy nose.
- People may be infected with the flu, including 2009 H1N1 Swine Flu and have respiratory symptoms without a fever.
Based on the latest Homeopathic Research on Genus Epidemicus, the single-remedy that best matches the symptoms of the Swine Flu Pandemic appears to be the remedy Nux-Vomica.
I have successfully treated a number of cases of Swine Flu with Nux-Vomica, current research confirms what I am seeing in clinical practice.
Other homeopathic remedies that also strongly match symptoms of the Swine Flu are:
- Arsenicum album
Homeopathic Swine Flu Protection
Homeopathy is very individualized and is always best taken under the care of a qualified Classical Homeopath. The very BEST protection against the Swine Flu, or any other viral infection, is a strong immune system, strengthened under Constitutional Homeopathic Treatment. Persons who are under Constitutional Homeopathic care, and maintaining Homeopathic Constitutional treatment under the care of a Homeopath, are the least likely to contract the Swine Flu, or at least to experience a very mild case.
At the first signs of the Swine Flu a person’s Constitutional Homeopathic remedy is always the BEST choice to avoid a full-blown case of the flu.
However, for those who are not already under Homeopathic Constitutional Treatment, or for those with a weaken immune system, the homeopathic remedy that best matches the Swine Flu or Genus Epidemicus, can be the best choice.
According to the CDC and the World Health Organization, millions are at risk of dying should a pandemic strike again. With the H1N1 Swine Flu, this reality now appears to be closer at hand. We must turn over any stone and investigate any system of medicine that has the potential to save lives. Homeopathy is such a system. Its proven track record must no longer be ignored. Its history is clear and we have the capability to treat masses of people infected or at risk of being infected by this Flu. – Dr. Molly Punzo MD
Herscu Labratory : Swine Flu, 2009
National Center for Homeopathy – H1N1 Swine Flu
Where to Find Homeopathic Remedies
Where can I get homeopathic remedies?
Many homeopathic remedies in lower potencies, 30C and below can be purchased over the counter at health food stores and grocery stores, such as Whole Foods, Pharmaca, New Seasons, and Sprouts.
Remedies in higher potencies, 200C and above, can also be obtained through pharmacies:
- Homeopathy Overnight
- Homeopathy Works
- Hahnemann Labs
- Homeopathic Labratories Note: This article is not intended as medical advice. If you, or someone you know, is showing signs or symptoms, or has a confirmed case of Influenza-A or Swine Flu, please see your Homeopath, doctor, or other health care provider right away.
Swine Flu Emergency Warning Signs
If you are experiencing any of these emergency warning signs, you should seek medical care immediately.
- Fast breathing or trouble breathing
- Bluish skin color
- Not drinking enough fluids
- Not waking up or not interacting
- Being so irritable that the child does not want to be held
- Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse cough
- Fever with a rash
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
- Sudden dizziness
- Severe or persistent vomiting
Who is most at risk?
- People with more severe illness, such as those hospitalized with suspected or confirmed influenza
- People with suspected or confirmed influenza who are at higher risk for complications
- Children younger than 2 years old
- Adults 65 years and older
- Pregnant women
- People with certain chronic medical or immunosuppressive conditions
- People younger than 19 years of age who are receiving long-term aspirin therapy
Common Sense Precautions
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you are sick with flu-like illness, CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities. (Your fever should be gone without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.) Keep away from others as much as possible to keep from making others sick.
- Reduce Stress; the #1 suppressor of the Immune System.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables; try juicing!
- Get lots of rest, fluids, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Zinc, and garlic.
Leave a Comment